The Google Pixel 4a 5G is a step up the offerings we got on the standard Pixel 4a, with features that make for a more premium smartphone. It packs in a bigger display, a more powerful processor, a bigger battery, 5G connectivity, and lots more. What’s more, The Pixel 4a 5G offers these upgrades, without going overboard with the pricing.
Google Pixel 4a 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.2 inches OLED Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (413 PPI)
- Android 10
- Octa-core Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage
- 12.2 MP + 16MP Dual Rear Cameras
- 8 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear-Mounted)
- Fast Charging 18W
- Non-Removable Li-Po 3885 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Google Pixel 4a 5G reminisces on the less premium Pixel 4a design, on a slightly bigger chassis. Both smartphones are pretty much very identical. If you loved the former then you are certainly going to love this rendition.
The front panel of this device is encompassed by a 6.2 inch OLED display which is home to a punch-hole camera. This display has a resolution of 1080 x 2340, a 19.5:9 aspect ratio, a density of 413 PPI, and a 60Hz refresh rate.
On the rear, we have a setup that we have also seen on the Google Pixel 5. This setup encompasses a square camera module comprising of two cameras, an LED flash. You will also find a capacitive fingerprint sensor and the Google mascot which indicates its a Google smartphone.
Much like the Pixel 4a, the Pixel 4a 5G grabs some low-end build properties, which comprises of Gorilla Glass 3 upfront, plastic on the rear, and Plastic on the frame. There is also no word on an IP rating for water and dust resistance, as such enthusiasts should abstain from dunking it in water.
The Google Pixel 4 5G takes the camera tech up a notch, by taking the rear setup from being single to being double, which creates room for added features.
The rear camera setup now comprises of a 12.2MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.7 and a 16MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 107˚field of view. This setup is capable of shooting maxed at 4k @ 60fps.
For selfies, we have an 8MP camera up front, which has an aperture of f/2.0. This camera is capable of shooting videos maxed out at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Google Pixel 4a 5G falls in the same upper mid-range category as its less premium sibling which is facilitated by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor. Honorable mentions to the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G which also features this processor.
Other performance facilitators here include an Adreno 620 graphics processing unit, 6GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 3885 mAh battery.
On the software side, we have got a Google stock user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Google Pixel 4a 5G features an NFC, Low energy Bluetooth 5.0, and dual-band Wi-Fi. It also features a USB Type-C port.
Internet connectivity here is capped at 5G, which means, enthusiasts can utilize 5G connectivity for downloads, streaming, and uploads.
Google Pixel 4a 5G Price and Availability
The price of the Google Pixel 4a 5G is around $499 which translates to 193,069 Naira in Nigeria, 75,937 KHS in Kenya, and 2,894 GHC in Ghana.
The Google Pixel 5 was announced on September 30, 2020, and is expected to be available for purchase, as from November 5th, 2020.
Google Pixel 4a 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Google Pixel 4a 5G:
- Platform: Android 11
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Just Black
- Dimension: 153.9 x 74 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 168 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM and/or eSIM
- SIM Count: Dual
- Display: 6.2-inch OLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, 413PPI, 60H Refresh Rate.
- Screen Protection: Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12.2MP (Primary) f/1.7 + 16MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, Auto-HDR, panorama,
- Front Camera: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps; gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48, 66, 71
- 5G: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 28, 41, 66, 71, 77, 78 Sub6, mmWave (market dependant)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Type-C 3.1
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- Maps: Yes (Google Maps)
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Google Assistant)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 3885 mAh Li-Po
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Capacity