The Infinix Note 8 is the late 2020 iteration of the Note Series. Infinix has just announced the successor of the Infinix Note 7. The Infinix Note 8 is coming with some upgrades both on the processing power and cameras. It features a 6.95-inch display and four cameras.
Some of the highlights include a quad 64 MP main cameras, dual front cameras, Helio G80 for excellent gaming performance, and a 6.95 Dual Infinity-O Display. You will get to know more as we explore the Infinx Note 8.
Infinix Note 8 Key Specs & Features
- 6.95 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1640 pixels (~258 ppi)
- Android 10, XOS 7.1
- Octa-core Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage up to 128GB Memory Card
- 64 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 16 MP + 2 MP Dual Front Cameras
- Fingerprint Scanner (Side)
- 4G LTE Network
- Fast Charging 18W
- Non-Removable Li-Po 5200 mAh Battery
Design and Display
In terms of body design, at first glance, it looks like the Infinix Zero 8. However, turning to the panel, it offers something different from the Note 7. The Infinix Note 8 has a triangle camera set up instead of the ring set up on the Note 7.
The overall body is sleek filled with unique lines and technological originality. The Gem Cut back design is transparent and the durability is sure. The curved four corner edges present a comfortable grip for any palm.
The Note 8 has a side fingerprint scanner that provides ultra-fast verification and there is also Face Unlock for accurate facial recognition.
It has the same large screen display size of 6.95 inches IPS LCD with a resolution of 720 x 1640 pixels. The Note 8 further features a 20.5:9 screen with a dual super tiny camera punch hole.
Sitting on the panel is a 64 MP main shooter and this set high-resolution camera comes with some internal features that allow you to capture wonderful photos.
The sensor has Real-time eye-tracking accompanied by an AI algorithm that helps to deliver more natural and studio-style pictures. Other cameras include a 2-megapixel depth sensor, a 2-megapixel macro lens, and an AI lens.
Upfront is a 16M + Portrait Lens Dual that work closely to deliver stunning selfies. Video calling will be interesting on this phone.
Hardware and Software
Thanks to the gaming chipset on the device. The Infinix Note 8 Mediatek Helio G80 SOC comes with high-performance expectations. Infinix says the phone is built for speed. Well, the octa-core processor is running at a speed of 2.0 GHz and also has a Mali-G52 MC2 GPU for graphics.
In comparison, this is way better than Note 7 that has a G70 chip. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 is slightly ahead of this as it comes with Helio G85. Not that bad though. On the storage, it has a large 128GB coupled with 6GB RAM. The memory is expandable via a micro SDcard but not beyond 128GB.
Battery and Network
Another area where the Infinix Note 8 comes with an upgrade is on the 5200 mAh large battery. The juicer comes with an amazing 18W Super Charge featuring Type C. There is also dual engine technology enable on the device that reduces the heat by 8 degrees lower while charging.
It lacks a 5G network which is understandable but there are a fast 4G network and other goodies as well. The Note 8 runs on Android 10 OS with XOS 7.1 user interface that comes with cool features like Xclone, Image Compressor, Xnote 4.0, etc. Sadly there is no stylus Pen.
Infinx Note 8 Price and Availability
The Infinx Note 8 is now available for purchase for $200. This will converts to 85,000 Naira in Nigeria, around 1,200 Ghs, and 25,000 Ksh in Kenya.
You can grab the new phone in Gray, Blue, and Green colors.
Infinix Note 8 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Infinix Note 8:
- Platform: Android 10, XOS 7.1
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm), Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Gray, Blue, Green
- Dimension: 175.3 x 78.8 x 9 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.95 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1640 pixels (~258 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP (wide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) + 2 MP Quad Cameras, [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 16 MP + 2 MP (depth) Dual Cameras, [email protected], Dual-LED flash
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Po 5200 mAh, Non-Removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast charging 18W