The Realme Narzo 20A comes in as a more affordable / less premium option to the Realme Narzo 20. It’s pretty much the same relationship we had between the Realme Narzo 10 and the Realme Narzo 10A. The cut down that facilitates a cheaper price can be noticed in the RAM/storage, cameras, battery, and lots more.
Realme Narzo 20A Key Specs & Features
- 6.5-inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels, 270 PPI
- Android 10, Realme UI
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- 3GB /4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB Built-in Storage
- 12 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Triple Cameras
- 8 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (Rear-mounted)
- Non-Removable 5000 mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Realme Narzo 20A chassis design leans towards the Narzo 20A, despite being more of a closer relative to the standard Narzo 20. This partially means that enthusiasts won’t be settling for a design that enthusiasts won’t be getting a design as subtle as what we got on the Narzo 20.
The rear of this smartphone bears a camera module that arranges a set of three cameras in a vertical array. Here we also have an LED flash, a capacitive fingerprint sensor, and the Narzo branding, which will inform enthusiasts that it’s a Realme smartphone.
Upfront, we have a 6.5-inch IPS LCD display, with a drop notch that houses a front-facing camera. This display has a resolution of 720 x 1600 and a density of 270 PPI.
The Narzo 20A offers pretty much the same dual-color options offered by the Narzo 20. Enthusiasts have the option of choosing between Glory silver or victory blue.
Moving from the standard Realme Narzo 20 to the Narzo 20A, there is an observable decrease in camera setup. This is most evident in the primary camera on the rear, which moved from being 48MP to being 12MP.
The other members of the rear camera setup include an ultrawide camera which dropped form being an 8MP sensor to being a 2MP here. Lastly we have a 2MP depth camera.
This rear camera setup is capable of recording video up to 1080p @ 30fps. It also offers 480p video recording at 120fps. Enthusiats also get HDR and Panorama mode.
Selfies are taken on an 8MP camera which allows HDR photos and videos capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the hardware side, the Narzo 20A makes do with a Snapdragon 665 processor instead of the MediaTek Helio G85 processor on the standard Narzo 20.
The other performance facilitators inlude an ARM Mali-G52 MC2 GPU, options for either 3GB or 4GB of RAM, enthusiats will also get the option for either 32GB or 64GB of internal storage.
This Andorid smartphone also rocks a non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po battery, which is by 1000mAh less than the 6000mAh battery on its more premium close sibling.
On the software side, it runs the Realme user interface ontop of the Android 10 operating system.
The Realme Narzo 20A features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a Micro-USB port. It also features WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G, due to the absence of 5G support. This means download, uploads, and streaming will be restricted to 4G speeds.
Realme Narzo 20A Price and Availability
The price of the Realme Narzo 20A starts around $115 for the 3GB / 32GB variant, which translates to about 43,758 Naira in Nigeria, 667 GHC in Ghana, 12,479 KHS in Kenya.
The maxed out 4GB / 64GB variant goes for a price around $129, which translates to about 49,085 Naira in Nigeria, 13,998 KHS in Kenya and 748 GHC in Ghana.
The Realme Narzo 20A was announced on September 21 2020 and is expected to go on Sale on September 30 2020.
Realme Narzo 20A Specs
Here are a few specs of the Realme Narzo 20A:
- Platform: Android 10, Realme UI
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: ARM Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Glory Silver, Victory Blue
- Dimension: 164.4 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 195 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inch IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 720 x 1600 Pixels, 270 PPI, 20:9 Ratio
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12MP (wide) f/1.8, 28mm + 2MP (Ultrawide) f/2.3, 119˚ + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 4K/30fps, [email protected], 720P/30fps
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, Wide-angle Camera, 79° FOV HDR, [email protected], 720P/30fps
- Built-in Storage: 32GB / 64GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 1/5/8
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Version 4.2
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Micro-USB
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging:
More on Realme Phones