The Motorola Moto 5G comes in as one of the first 5G smartphones from Motorola. It falls in as a more affordable alternative to the earlier released Motorola G 5G Plus and can be seen as Motorola’s attempt to getting their 5G smartphones into the hands of many enthusiasts. The highlights of this smartphone include Snapdragon 750 G processor, a 5000mAh battery, 20W fast charge, and lots more.
Where to Buy Motorola Moto G 5G
Motorola Moto G 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.7-inches LTPS LCD FHD+ Max Vision Display, 2400 x 1080 Pixels, 21:9 Ratio, 394 PPI
- Android 10
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G 5G (7 nm)
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, With SD-Card, Support Up to 1TB
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 16 MP + 8 MP Dual Front Cameras
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear Mounted)
- 5G Network
- Fast Charging 20W
- Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Motorola Moto G 5G’s design reminiscences the design of its more premium sibling the Moto G 5G plus. The resemblance can be seen in both the dear and front panel, with a few changes here and there.
On the rear, we have got a square camera module housing three cameras and an LED flash. Unlike the Moto G 5G Plus which had its LED flash side the module.
The Motorola emblem on the rear houses encompasses a capacitive fingerprint sensor. Unlike its more premium sibling that had a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Upfront, we have got a 6.7-inch LTPS LCD display with a single punch hole, as opposed to the dual punch holes its more premium sibling. This display also ditches a 90Hz refresh rate. This display has a resolution of 2400 x 1080 and a density of 394 PPI.
Unlike the Moto G 5G Plus which had just one colour variant, enthusiasts who decide to purchase the Motorola Moto G 5G will have two colour options which include Volcanic Gray, Frosted Silver.
The Motorola Moto G 5G sheds off some cameras, make it a less capable camera smartphone when compared to the more premium Moto G 5G Plus.
The rear camera systems make do with triple cameras as opposed to quad cameras as seen on its more premium sibling.
This triple camera system comprises a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.7, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, and a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
This rear camera setup is capable of shooting videos capped at 4k @ 30fps. Enthusiats will also have 1080p video recording at 30fps.
Upfront we have a single camera system, as opposed to a dual-camera system as seen on its more premium sibling. This single-camera system comprises a 16MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2. This camera can shoot videos capped at 1080p @ 30fps / 60fps.
Hardware and Software
The Motorola Moto G 5G slightly tunes down performance, with its slightly less premium processor. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 750 5G processor, as opposed to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 processor on the Moto G 5G Plus.
The other configurations are pretty much the same comping from its more premium sibling. We have options for either 4GB or 6GB of RAM, 64GB or 128GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 5000mAh battery. Enthusiasts will also be served with a 20W fast charge mechanism.
On the software side, the Motorola Moto 5G runs its interface on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Motorola Moto G 5G features a USB Type-C port, a 3.5mm headphone jack. It also features dual-band Wifi, low energy Bluetooth 5.1.
Internet is capped at 5G connectivity, which means enthusiasts can utilize 5G for downloads, uploads, streaming, and downloads.
Motorola Moto G 5G Price and Availability
The Price of the Motorola Moto G 5G is around $357, which translates to 136,374 Naira in Nigeria, 38,931 KSH in Kenya and 2,082 GHC in Ghana.
The Motorola Moto G 5G was announced on November 5th, 2020, and is expected to be available for purchase later in November 2020.
Motorola Moto G 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Motorola Moto G 5G:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 750 5G (8nm) (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB
- Colours: Frosted Silver, Volcanic Gray
- Dimension: 166.1 x 76.1 x 9.9mm
- Weight: 212g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.7-inches LTPS LCD LCD FHD+ Max Vision Display, 2400 x 1080 Pixels, 21:9 Ratio, 394 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (wide) f/1.7 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16 MP Camera, f/2.2, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 2/3/5/8
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 1/2/4/5/8
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/18/19/20/26/28/38/39/40/41/42/43/66
- 5G: 1/3/5/7/8/28/38/41/66/77/78
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: –
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, LTEEP, SUPL
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Google Assistant)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer:
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 20W Fast Charging Capacity