The Motorola Moto G9 Power comes in as a follow up of the previously released Motorola Moto G8 Power. The highlights of the upgrades include an improved camera system, a bigger battery, faster charging speed and lots more. However, Motorola made a slight decrease in processing power, which saw a migration from the Snapdragon 665 on its predecessor to the Snapdragon 662 processor.
Motorola Moto G9 Power Key Specs & Features
- 6.8-inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2300 pixels, 263 PPI
- Android 10.0
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (11 nm)
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 2MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (Rear-mounted)
- Non-removable Li-Po 6000 mAh Battery
Design and Display
On the design department, we have pockets of aesthetics features that bring to mind the also recently released Motorola G 5G. This fact majorly holds on the rear panel.
On the rear, we have got a similar looking square camera module with three cameras and an LED flash. Below the camera module you will find a capacitive fingerprint sensor with the Motorola emblem indicating its a Motorola smartphone.
Upfront, we have setup that consists a 6.4-inch IPS LCD display guarded with a chunky bezel on the bottom. This display has a resolution of 1080 x 2300 and a density of 293 PPI.
Enthusiats who decide to purchase this Motorola Moto G9 power will have two color options that include Electric violet and Metallic sage.
Motorola made camera upgrades to its battery performance series. The upgrade is most evident in the rear camera department, which bears a bigger primary camera.
The primary camera moved from being a 16MP shooter on the G8 Power to being a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8 on the Motorola G9 Power.
The rear camera system was shrunk from bearing quad cameras to bearing triple cameras. The other cameras that complete the trio on the G9 Power include a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.0 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
Upfront, we have a 16MP shooter instilled in a punch hole on the display. This camera has an aperture of f/2.2
Hardware and Software
On the performance hardware department, Motorola took a few steps backward, making do with a Snapdragon 662 processor on the Moto G9 Power, as opposed to the Snapdragon 665 processor on the preceding Moto G8 Power.
However, Motorola made some upgrades to some of the other performance facilitators. We have 4GB of RAM, double the internal storage of the previous model, leaving us 128GB of internal storage, a massive 6000mAh battery as opposed to the 5000mAh battery on the previous model.
Having a bigger battery would need a faster charge mechanism and as such, Motorola made a leap from having an 18W fast charge mechanism on the Moto G8 power to have a 20W fast charge mechanism on here.
On the software side, the Moto G9 Power runs its interface on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Motorola Moto G9 Power features a USB Type-C port, a 3.5mm headphone jack, dual-band Wifi, low energy Bluetooth 5.0, and NFC.
Internet connectivity here is capped at 4G, which means enthusiats won’t be able to utilize 5G internet for streaming, downloads, and uploads.
Motorola Moto G9 Power Pricing and Availability
The price of the Motorola Moto G9 Power is around $235, which translates to about 89,300 Naira in Nigeria, 25,592 KSH in Kenya, and 1,378 GHC in Ghana.
The Motorola Moto G9 Power was November 5th, 2020 is expecting to be available for purchase later in November.
Motorola Moto G9 Power Specs
Here are a few specs of the Motorola Moto G9 Power:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (11nm) (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Electric Violet, Metallic Sage
- Dimension: 172.1 x 76.8 x 9.7 mm
- Weight: 221 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1640 Pixels, 263 ppi
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]/60fps
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.2, HDR, 1080p @ 30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, LTEEP, SUPL
- Maps: Yes (Google Maps)
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Google Assitant)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 6000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 20W Fast Charging Capacity
The post Motorola Moto G9 Power Specs, Price and Best Deals appeared first on Nigeria Technology Guide.