The Samsung Galaxy M21s comes in as a more premium variant of the standard Samsung Galaxy M21. It focuses more on improving the cameras, as it offers a more robust camera setup. The other features are pretty much a reminiscence of the Galaxy M21, as we have the same design, processor, RAM battery, and lots more.
Where to Buy Samsung Galaxy M21s
Samsung Galaxy M21s Key Specs & Features
- 6.4 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, 19.5:9 Ratio 403 PPI
- Android 10; One UI 2.5
- Octa-core Exynos 9611 (10nm)
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 5MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 32MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Network
- Fingerprint (Rear-mounted)
- Non-removable Li-Po 6000 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Samsung Galaxy M21s bears a chassis design that sets it as a carbon copy of the less premium standard Samsung Galaxy M21 design-wise. Both smartphones are identical in design.
On the rear, you will find a square camera module housing three cameras and an LED flash. On top of the glass covering on the camera module, is a text that reads 64 megapixels, as opposed to 48 megapixels on the Galaxy M21. Meticulous can use this difference in texts to differentials both models.
Also on the rear, is a capacitive fingerprint sensor and the Samsung branding, which indicates its a Samsung smartphone.
Moving on to the front panel, we discover a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display with a drop notch. This display has a resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a density of 403 PPI.
Enthusiats who decide to purchase the Samsung Galaxy M21s will have two color options. The color options are black and blue.
As discussed in the introductory paragraph, the cameras on the Samsung Galaxy M21s can be summarised as its main selling point over the regular Galaxy M21. The camera received a bump.
On the rear, we have a 64MP primary camera, as opposed to the 48MP primary camera on the Galaxy M21. However, the other cameras on the rear were conserved. we still an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 5MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.2.
This rear camera setup is capable of shooting videos maxed at 4k @ 30fps. Enthusiats will also get 1080p @ 30fps video recording.
Upfront, we have got a 32MP shooter as opposed to the 20MP front shooter on the Samsung Galaxy M21. This camera can record videos maxed at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The performance hardware of the Samsung Galaxy M21s is a complete replica of what we have on the standard Galaxy M21. So enthusiasts should expect pretty much the same performance.
Championing the performance hardware is a 10nm Exynos 9611 processor. We also have a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU, options for either 4GB or 6GB of RAM, option for either 64GB or 128GB of internal storage, and also a non-removable 6000mAh battery.
One of the features I wished Samsung improved, was the fast charge capacity. Samsung retained a 15W fast charge mechanism, which is really insufficient, considering how slow it will be to charge a 6000mAh battery.
On the software side, we have got the One U1 2.5 running on the Android 10.0 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy M21s features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, dual-band WiFi, and low energy Bluetooth 5.0.
Internet connectivity here is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t be getting 5G for downloads, streaming, and uploads.
Samsung Galaxy M21s Price and Availability
The price of the Samsung Galaxy M21s starts at $273 which translates to 104,286 Naira in Nigeria, 29,770 KSH in Kenya, and 1,592 GHC in Ghana.
The Samsung Galaxy M21s was announced on November 6th, 2020, and was also released for purchase on November 6th, 2020.
Samsung Galaxy M21s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy M21s:
- Platform: Android 10.0; One UI 2.5
- Processor: Exynos 9611 (10nm), Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 4GB, 6GB RAM
- Colours: Midnight Blue, Raven Black
- Dimension: 159 x 75.1 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 191 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.4 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 Ratio (403 PPI)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (wide) + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 5MP (Depth) f/2.2 Triple Cameras
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, PDAF, panorama, HDR, [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 32MP Camera, HDR, [email protected],
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE Bluetooth
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes, RDS, Recording
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Rear-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 6000 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 15W Fast Charging Capacity