The Vivo Y20s is the refresh version of the Vivo Y20 smartphone. The device was among the budget smartphones that were announced by the company a few weeks ago. Vivo Y20s sports 6.51 IPS display and three rear cameras.
Where to Buy Vivo Y20s
Vivo Y20s comes alongside the Vivo Y70, Vivo Y11s, and Vivo X51 5G. Well, it falls under the budget category but comes with bigger storage and RAM compared to Vivo Y20.
Vivo Y20s Key Specs & Features
- 6.51 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi)
- Android 10, Funtouch 10.5, or Funtouch 11
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 (11 nm)
- 4GB, 6GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage up to 128GB Memory Card
- 13 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Rear Cameras
- 8 MP Front Cameras
- Fingerprint Scanner (Side Mounted)
- 4G LTE Network
- Fast Charging 18W
- Non-Removable Li-Po 5000 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Vivo Y20s spot a decent body design. The panel is wrapped with all plastic housing the cameras set up, an LED flash, and a Vivo branded logo indicating the brand of the phone.
It’s not that weight though as it weighs 192 g and measures 164.4 x 76.3 x 8.4 mm. The frame is also made of plastic which is still not that bad considering the device price tag.
Well, on the front, as usual, we have a glass screen with small bezels at the bottom of the screen. There is also a waterdrop notch offering a display size of 6.51 inches with an IPS LCD panel.
It produces a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels, a tall 20:9 aspect ratio, and 270 PPI density. The device is covered by display protection of glass and also has a screen to body ratio of 81.6 percent.
The cameras set up equipped on the device are four in number. The back consists of triple cameras of 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel + 2-megapixel.
The cameras are paired with an LED flash and they can also record 1080p videos. The waterdrop notch is hosting the single snapper of 8 MP for selfies.
Hardware and Software
On the performance, the maker equipped the budget phone with a Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 chipset base on 11nm process technology. The chip has an octa-core processor with a running speed of 1.8 GHz.
You will get Adreno 610 GPU for graphics and Funtouch 10.5 or Funtouch 11 user interface based on the Android 10 operating system.
The RAM is available in two variants. There is a model with 4GB RAM, another with 6GB RAM and they both have the same internal memory of 128GB which you can also expand using the dedicated slot on the inside.
Battery and Network
The massive battery of 5000 mAh on the Vivo Y20s comes with 18W fast charging technology which is also found on the Redmi Note 9 device. The battery will not only last long when fully charged but will charge fast using the micro USB 2.0 charger.
There are dual SIMs coupled with a dual 4G LTE network with Wi-fi, FM radio, 3.5mm jack, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, and also a side-mounted fingerprint scanner for security.
Vivo Y20s Price and Availability
The Vivo Y20s arrive with a price tag of 180 EUR and will ship in multiple colors like Purist Blue, Obsidian Black, and Nebula Blue.
In Nigeria, it will sell for 85,000 Naira, 1,300 Ghs in Ghana, and 25,000 Ksh in Kenya.
Vivo Y20s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Vivo Y20s:
- Platform: Android 10, Funtouch 10.5 or Funtouch 11
- Processor: Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 (11 nm), Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 240 & 4×1.6 GHz Kryo 240)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB, 6GB RAM
- Colours: Purist Blue, Obsidian Black, Nebula Blue
- Dimension: 164.4 x 76.3 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 192.3 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.51 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13 MP (wide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Triple Cameras, [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Fast charging 18W