The Blackview BV5100 is a rugged smartphone and also an entry-level device that you can buy without paying through your nose. The handset will be suitable for Blue-collar worker as it comes with a hard to crack body design.
There is a large battery capacity on the hood coupled with the quad-camera setup and enough internal memory.
Blackview BV5100 Key Specs & Features
- 5.7-inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~294 ppi)
- Android 10
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6762D Helio A25 (12 nm)
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory Card
- 16 MP + 5 MP + 0.3 MP + 0.3 MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 13 MP Front Cameras
- Fingerprint Scanner
- 4G LTE Network
- IP68 Waterproof And Water Resistant
- IP69K Shock Resistant
- Non-Removable Li-Po 5580 mAh Battery
Design and Display
On the body, the Blackview BV5100 is not looking beautiful nor attractive. The device is far from an elegant smartphone. It just appears in a rugged body which is built with a premium rubber.
The panel is housing the camera setup and the brand logo. The overall body has an IP68 rating which is for dust and water-resistant and also comes with an IP69K rating which is shock resistant.
The device also passed MIL-STD-810G testing which is an indication that it will survive under an extreme temperature environment. Surely, this phone will make a good companion to adventurers.
Moving to the front side, it has a thick bezel visible both on the top screen and bottom. The top is housing the front camera and speaker.
The Blackview BV5100 has a display size of 5.7-inches IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. It offers a 71.3% screen-to-body ratio coupled with a Dragontrail Glass display protection.
On the camera setup, there is a quad rear camera system. The first in the setup is 16 MP wide, another 5 MP ultrawide camera, plus 0.3 MP macro and 0.3 MP for depth sensor.
The camera has a single LED flash for dim light photos and can also record 1080P videos at 30 seconds per frame. There is a single 13 MP selfies camera on the front that is equipped with a Face ID.
Hardware and Software
On the performance, Blackview BV5100 parades a midrange Mediatek MT6762D Helio A25 chipset that is based on 12nm process technology coupled with four Cortex-A53 clockings at 4×1.8 GHz and another four 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 speed.
The device will deliver decent performance with the help of the 4GB RAM on the inside and the inbuilt memory of 128GB. You can still extend the storage using a micro SDcard.
Battery and Network
Fueling the rugged Blackview BV5100 is a non-removable battery of 5580mAh but without fast charging. The battery will last more than 2 days under normal usage.
Other features on the handset include dual SIMs, 4G LTE network, wi-fi, NFC, and also a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Blackview BV5100 Price and Availability
Blackview BV5100 price starts at around $199 at leading online stores. The smartphone costs 83,000 Naira in Nigeria, about 20,500 Ksh in Kenya, and 599 Ghs in Ghana.
It’s available in three colors – Black, Green, Yellow, and Orange.
Blackview BV5100 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Blackview BV5100:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: Mediatek MT6762D Helio A25 (12 nm), Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.4 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8300
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Green, Yellow, Orange
- Dimension: –
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 5.7-inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~294 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16 MP (wide) + 5 MP (ultrawide) + 0.3 MP (macro) + 0.3 MP (depth) Quad Cameras, [email protected],
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 13 MP, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 40(2300)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Micro USB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5580mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: No