Still, remember the Infinix Zero 8 that was announced around August this year? Well, Infinix has just announced Infinix Zero 8i which is a slightly lower version of the old one.
The handset comes with a similar body design but with a 48 MP quad-camera setup and it also maintains a large screen display size of 6.85 inches.
Other top-notch features of the phone include a high refresh rate display, dual front cameras, fast charging tech, and also a gaming-focused chipset.
Infinix Zero 8i Key Specs & Features
- 6.85 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2460 pixels (~392 ppi)
- Android 10
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6785 Helio G90T (12 nm)
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage up to 128GB Memory Card
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + AI Quad Rear Cameras
- 16 MP + 8 MP Dual Rear Cameras
- Fingerprint Scanner (Side)
- 4G LTE Network
- Fast Charging 33W
- Non-Removable Li-Po 4500 mAh Battery
Design and Display
There is nothing special about the Infinix Zero 8i overall body design. If you have seen Zero 8, then there is nothing to impress you here. Just as mentioned above, the Infinix Zero 8i is the lite version of Zero 8.
So they both have a nice and attractive body that is wrapped with a premium plastic body that housed the unique rhombus-shaped camera module. It measures 168.7 x 76.1 x 9.1 mm and weighs 210.5 grams.
The front side provides a large display size of 6.85-inch that produces a Full HD+ resolution, still offers an impressive 90Hz refresh rate, a 20.5:9 aspect ratio, and also a 180Hz touch sampling rate.
The android phone has a space to body ratio of 86.8% and also display protection which is like corning gorilla glass.
As for the camera setup, there is a combo front camera position on the pill-shaped punch-hole cutout on the display. The cameras include a 16 MP main and another supportive shooter with an 8-megapixel ultrawide lens.
The cameras feature AI portrait mode, beautification features, and super night mode. Moving back to the rear side, you will get a 48 MP main lens that is joined by an 8 MP 119-degree 8-megapixel ultrawide shooter, a 2 MP macro camera, and another AI lens.
The main camera comes with some amazing features that will ensure decent and beautiful photos. It has a super night mode, an ultra-steady video mode that can record stable videos with the help of a gyroscope and EIS.
The video quality reaches up to 4K and there is 960fps slow-motion video shooting.
Hardware and Software
On the inside, the Infinix Zero 8i packs an octa-core MediaTek Helio G90T chipset based on 12nm process technology. The chip is mostly gaming-focused and considering the fact that it’s paired with a huge 8GB RAM, users will enjoy the best gaming experience.
There is no need of asking if it will play PUBG, Fortnite, Free Fire, or any other high demanding games. Yes, the Zero 8i will play any latest 3D games. The inbuilt storage is 128GB and there is still support for micro SD expansion.
Battery and Network
The Infinix Zero 8i is fueled by a non-removable battery of 4,500mAh and the juicer comes with 33W fast charging support. You will get the normal 4G LTE on the dual SIMs slot.
There is also wi-fi support with a GPS navigation system, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, FM radio, and USB Type-C 2.0. The fingerprint scanner is placed on the side and there is Face ID as well.
Infinix Zero 8i Price and Availability
The Infinix Zero 8i is now available in India for Rs 14,999 which is around USD 203.
In Nigeria, the Zero 8i will cost 85,000 Naira, 1,300 Ghs in Ghana, and 24,000 Ksh in Kenya.
You can buy the handset in Silver Diamond, and Black Diamond colors.
Infinix Zero 8i Specs
Here are a few specs of the Infinix Zero 8i:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: Mediatek MT6785 Helio G90T (12 nm), Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Silver Diamond, Black Diamond
- Dimension: 168.7 x 76.1 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 210.5 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.85 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2460 pixels (~392 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Fast charging 33W