The Tecno Spark Go (2020) comes in as an entry level smartphone in the Spark 6 series. It bears a package that accrues the title of the most affordable in the series, even more affordable than the Spark 6 Air. This article runs through its specs and price, to help you make your purchase decision.
Where to Buy Tecno Spark Go (2020)
Tecno Spark Go (2020) Key Specs & Features
- 6.52-inch IPS LCD, 720 x 1600 pixels (269 PPI)
- Android 10 (Go Edition), HIOS 6.2
- 2GB RAM
- MediaTek Helio A20 (12 nm)
- 32GB Built-in Storage, With SD-Card Support
- 13MP + Secondary Dual Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear-Mounted)
- 5000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Design wise most entry level smartphones usually appear as a reminisence of thier premium siblings or just go ahead to feature pockets of elements from other smartphones.
In the case, the Tecno Spark Go’s design happens to be a reminisence of the more premium Spark 6. This design is merged on to chassis smaller than the former.
Upfront we have a 6.52-inch display in lieu of the massive 7.0-inch displays on its more premium siblings. This display has a resolution of 720 X 1600 and a density of 269 PPI. What’s more, this display has a drop notch housing a front facing camera.
Moving on to the rear, we have got a gradient pattern on which you will find a square camera module housing two cameras, an LED flash and a little text describing some features of the camera.
Enthusiasts who decide to purchase the Tecno Spark Go (2020) will have three colour options and they include Comet black, Ocean Blue and Cloud white.
The Cameras on the Tecno Spark Go (2020) aren’t anything beyond the usual. Its pretty much what you would expect from a smartphone in this price range.
The rear camera department holds a 13MP single camera and a secondary camera which Tecno didn’t really describe on their website.
The selfies are taken care of by a single 8MP camera, with support from a dual front flash setup upfront. Which helps provide bright selfies.
Hardware and Software
The performance of the Tecno Spark Go (2020) is backed by low end hardware. Pioneering system is a Quad-core MediaTek A20 processor.
We also have a PowerVR GE8320 GPU, 2GB RAM, 32GB of internal storage and a non-removable 5000mAh Battey, which is smaller than the 6000mAh battery on the standard Spark 6.
On the software side, the Tecno Spark 6 Go runs the HiOS 6.2 user interface on top of the Android 10 Go edition operating system.
The fact that it uses the Go edition Android 10 means enthusiasts will be having light apps that aren’t powering intensive.
The Tecno Spark Go (2020) features a 3.5mm jack and micro-USB port. It also features Wifi and Bluetooth 4.2
Internet connectivity on the Tecno Spark 6 Go is capped at 4G LTE, due to the absence of 5G support.
Tecno Spark Go (2020) Price and Availability
Tecno Spark Go (2020) price in Nigeria starts at around 46,000 Naira in Nigeria, which translates to about $119 in the US, 13,201 KSH in Kenya, and 694 GHC in Ghana.
The Tecno Spark Go (2020) was announced on November 22 2020 and was released for.purchase on November 23 2020.
Tecno Spark Go (2020) Specs
Here are a few specs of the Tecno Spark 6 Go:
- Platform: Android 10 (Go Edition), HIOS 6.2
- Processor: Mediatek Helio A20, 1.8GHz (12 nm)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Aqua Blue, Ice Jadeite
- Dimension: 165.6 x 76.3 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.52-inch IPS LCD, 720 x 1600 Pixels, 269 PPI
- Screen Protection: Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13MP (Primary) F/1.8 + Secondary Camera
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED flash, Panorama, HDR, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.0, Dual-LED Flash
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Micro-USB
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes, with Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Google Assistant)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –