The Vivo Y3s is a budget smartphone that parades a decent body design with a massive 5000 battery, generous inbuilt storage of 5000 mAh, and combo camera setup. It also features 6.35 inches display screen size. Below is the Vivo Y3s specifications and price.
Vivo Y3s Key Specs & Features
- 6.35 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1544 pixels (~268 ppi)
- Android 9.0 (Pie), Funtouch 9
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory Card
- 13 MP + 2 MP Dual Rear Cameras
- 8 MP Front Cameras
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- 4G LTE Network
- Charging 10WM
- Non-Removable Li-Po 5000 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Vivo Y3s is designed to look beautiful. It features double water ripples with a flow of illusory light and color. Thanks to the delicate touch of the 2.5D body, the device looks attractive and desirable to the eye.
It has body dimensions of 159.4 x 76.8 x 8.9 mm and weighs 190.5 g. The front side offers a smart waterdrop screen and also a higher screen to body ratio.
It packs 6.35 inches IPS LCD that provides a larger field of view. The screen has a resolution of 720 x 1544 pixels and considering the larger display area, it will be good for watching videos and games. It will also provide an immersive audio-visual experience.
On the camera department, the Vivo Y3s have a dual rear camera setup. The main camera is 13 MP and it has a 13 million high-pixel lens, which supports the PDAF phase focusing to portray details.
The second 2 MP depth sensor on the other hand has a 2 million depth-of-field camera which delivers a large-scale texture with every shot. The front camera of 8 MP uses AI image recognition-based smart beauty.
This is what provides information such as skin type, skin color, and light. It also has Face Wake which gives easy access to unlock the phone.
Hardware and Software
On the hardware, the Vivo Y3s is equipped with a Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 chipset and an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.3 GHz. It has PowerVR GE8320 for graphics and is also powered by the Android 9.0 Pie operating system.
The internal storage is 128GB and it’s paired with 4GB RAM. It has support for micro SDcard via a dedicated slot.
Battery and Network
The 5000 mAh battery on the device comes with intelligent AI power-saving technology. It has standard 10W charging and reverses charging technology which you can use to power other portable electronic devices.
The network availability on the handset includes 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, FM radio, and micro USB 2.0.
The Vivo Y3s are preloaded with some amazingly useful apps such as the SOS emergency call. This way whenever you are in a hot spot or danger, all you need to do is to press the power button five times, and your device will automatically dial the phone number of your relatives and friends that have been set.
Not just that, it will also send out your location. There is also a game box that has on-hook mode and e-sports mode 1.0.
The first option will keep your game running in the background while the latter will fully mobilize your phone resources during gameplay and it also adopts a smart temperature rise strategy to improve the gaming experience.
Vivo Y3s Price and Availability
The Vivo Y3s is currently available and it will sell for 150 EUR. In Nigeria, the smartphone will cost 75,000 Naira, about 1,200 Ghs in Ghana, and 22,000 Ksh in Kenya. It will ship in Dark Blue, Light Blue, and Red colors.
Vivo Y3s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Vivo Y3s:
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie), Funtouch 9
- Processor: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm), Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Dark Blue, Light Blue, Red
- Dimension: 159.4 x 76.8 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 190.5 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.35 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1544 pixels (~268 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 3, 5, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 10W fast Charging Capacity