The Motorola Moto G Play 2021 comes in as one of Motorola’s offerings for the low budget market. In a bid to make it a strong competitor in terms of the best value for money, Motorola chose to do away with some regularities, paving way for a selling feature, which in turn doesn’t make Moto G Play 2021 looks so cheap.
Where to Buy Moto G Play (2021)
Moto G Play (2021) Key Specs & Features
- 6.2 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1520 pixels (271 PPI)
- Android 10
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 (11 nm)
- 13MP + 2MP Dual Rear Cameras
- 5MP Front Camera
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB Built-in Storage, Expandable via SDcard
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear-Mounted)
- 4G LTE
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Despite being in the cheap Android smartphone category, Motorola made efforts to make the Moto G Play appear appreciable, buy tweaking the aesthetics to offer a design that is good looking in my opinion. It doesn’t totally wine down the low budget look, but the shows it was born out of a meticulous execution.
On the rear, we have a setup that sort of looks like the Motorola Moto G Power. Here you will find a square camera module bearing dual cameras and an LED flash. You will also find the Motorola mascot tucked into its capacitive fingerprint sensor.
Please note that enthusiasts who desire to purchase the Motorola Moto G Play will have just one colour option, as it only comes in Misty Blue.
Flipping this Android phone to get a front view reveals a 6.5-inch display based on an IPS LCD panel. This display has a resolution of 720 x 1600, a density of 270 PPI.
The setup isn’t anywhere near the high end as expected. We have noticeable bezels surrounding the display, with the chunkiest being on the bottom. There is also a drop notch housing it’s front-facing camera.
The cameras on the Motorola Moto G Play fall in the basic category. There isn’t any sophistication here. All that is available is camera hardware fit for capturing moments with basic effects.
On the rear, we have a dual-camera setup bearing a 13MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.0 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f /2.4. Video record on this camera is capped at 1080p @ 60fps.
Moving upfront we have a single 5MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2. This camera shoots videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Hardware performance on the Motorola Moto G Play 2021 is headed by a Snapdragon 460 processor. It also features an Adreno 610 GPU, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 5000mAh battery.
This hardware combo pretty much falls in the low-end category and isn’t suitable for power-intensive tasks.
On the software side, the Motorola Moto G Play 2021 runs its interface on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Motorola Moto G Play 2021 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, low-energy Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi.
Internet connectivity here is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t be able to utilize 5G for downloads, uploads, and streaming.
Motorola Moto G Play 2021 Price And Availability
The Motorola Moto G Play 2021 price starts around $170, which translates to 64,855 Naira in Nigeria, 18,709 KSH in Kenya, and 994 GHC in Ghana.
The Motorola Moto G Play 2021 was announced on January 8th, 2020, and was released for purchase on January 14th, 2020.
Motorola Moto G Play 2021 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Motorola Moto G Play 2021:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 (8nm) (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 240 & 4×1.6 GHz Kryo 240)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Misty Blue
- Dimension: 166.6 x 76 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: 204 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inches IPS LCD 720 x 1600 Pixels, ~270 ppi Density, ~80.6% Screen-to-Body Ratio
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13MP (Primary) f/2.0 + 2MP (Depth)
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]/60fps
- Front Camera: 5MP Camera, f/2.2, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, (MicroSDXC – Dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26,30, 38, 41, 66, 71
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C (2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, LTEEP, SUPL
- Maps: Yes (Google Maps)
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: No
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 50000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –
The post Motorola Moto G Play (2021) Specs, Price and Best Deals appeared first on Nigeria Technology Guide.