The Motorola Moto G10 takes Motorola low budget game up a notch, as its a more affordable option to the Motorola Moto G30. Much like its more premium sibling, the Moto G10 does its best to offer apt value for a price that falls in the $200 budget range.
Where to Buy Motorola Moto G10
Motorola Moto G10 Key Specs & Features
- 6.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels (269 PPI), 60Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 (11 nm)
- 48MP + 8MP +2MP +2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage, Expandable via SDcard up to 512GB
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear-Mounted)
- 4G LTE
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Motorla Moto G10 seems to have a design based on the Moto G30 architecture, however, it does away with glossyness, leaving us with a design that appears to be more subtle.
On the build side, we have got plastic on the rear and frame, glass upfront and also water repellant coating, which is pretty much like the Moto G30.
The placements on the rear are very similar to what we have on its more premium sibling. Here we have a square camera module with four cameras and an LED flash. We also have the Motorola mascot embedded in a capacitive fingerprint sensor, which sort of indicates its a Motorola smartphone.
The Motorola Moto G10 comes in two colour variants, Aurora Grey and Iridescent Pearl, which could end up being a dilema for people that aren’t into any of the colour options.
Upfront, we have got the same 6.5-inches IPS LCD display, only with a 90Hz refresh rate. This display has a resolution of 720 x 1600 and a density of 269 PPI. This display is surrounded by what modern day standard describes as bulky.
Making camera comparisons with the G30 being the principal, shows that the Moto G10 did shed some pixels off its front and rear camera setup. However, this doesn’t mean enthusiasts are left with a horrible camera. Its still a capable camera system, capable of capturing memorable moments.
The rear setup comprises a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.7, an 8MP utrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 118˚ field of view.
The other members of the rear camera department includes 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. This camera is capable of recording videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Moving upfront, we have a single 8MP camera with an f/2.2. This camera is also capable of shooting videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Motorola Moto G10 holds an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 processor, an Adreno 610 GPU, 4GB RAM and a non-removable 5000mAh battery in its performance arsenal.
Having a 5000mAh battery paired with charging maxed out 10W means enthusiasts would need to cultivate some patience. However, things like this are sort of expected on low-cost Android smartphones, as it one of the ways enthusiasts can cut costs.
On the software side, the Motorola Moto G10 runs pure Android user interface, on top of the Android 11 operating system.
The Motorola Moto G10 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a Micro-USB port, low-energy Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi, and NFC.
Internet connectivity here is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t be able to utilize 5G connectivity for downloads, uploads, and streaming.
Motorola Moto G10 Price and Availability
The price of the Motorola Moto G10 is around $217, which translates to about 82,677 Naira in Nigeria, 23,845 KSH in Kenya, and 1,256 GHC in Ghana.
The Motorola Moto G10 was announced on February 16th, 2021 and is expected to be available for purchase as from March 2021.
Motorola Moto G30 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Motorola Moto G30:
- Platform: Android 11
- Processor: Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 (11nm) (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 240 & 4×1.6 GHz Kryo 240)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Aurora Grey, Iridescent Pearl
- Dimension: 165.2 x 75.7 x 9.2 mm
- Weight: 200 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inch IPS LCD
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.7 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 118˚ FOV + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, [email protected]/60fps
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, f/2.2, HDR, 1080p @ 30fps,
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (up to 512GB)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, LTEPP, SUPL
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –