The Realme GT 5G is optimised for gaming performance. In recent times, we have seen that pretty much any brand can manufacture high-end smartphones. However, what separates a smartphone like the Realme GT 5G from the competition brought by other brands, is its price, which sets it out as one of the cheapest flagship smartphones around, with its close competitor being the Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro.
Realme GT 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.43 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 20:9 Ratio 409 PPPI, 120Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 (5nm)
- 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (Side-Mounted)
- 5G Network
- Fats Charging (65W Capacity)
- Non-Removable Li-Po 4500 mAh Battery
Design and Display
Setting aside the very conspicuous Gold and black combo colour variant of the Realme GT 5G, we are left with a chassis design that’s very close to what we saw on the Realme 7 Pro. This really isn’t a bad thing, because the design sort of suits the current trend in smartphone design.
If you go for the Gold / Black combo, you will have a yellow covering on the rear, with a black stripe running from the top to bottom on the left. My intuitiveness sorts of hints that this design mimics a race track, owing to the fact that we have the tag GT in the nomenclature.
For enthusiasts who do not go for the black and gold combo color variant, we have gradient styling on the rear. Speaking of colour variants, the Realme GT 5G comes in three colour variants and they include Gold/Black, Blue, and Silver.
Moving upfront on this Android smartphone, we find a 6.43 inches Super AMOLED display with a punch-hole camera placed in the top-left position. The highlights of this display include a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a density of 411 PPI, and a 120Hz refresh rate.
The Realme GT 5G cameras aren’t the greatest in the world, but they do work, they are a capable set of cameras that do not bear all the bells and whistles some high-end smartphones bear.
On the rear, we have a triple camera bearing a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.3, and a 119˚ field of view. Lastly, we have a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.0. This camera setup is capable of recording videos up to 4k @ 60fps.
Moving to upfront, we have a single 16MP camera with an aperture of f/2.5. This camera is capable of recording videos up to 1080p @ 30fps
Hardware and Software
The performance hardware combo is where the Realme GT 5G shines the most, as it’s one of the cheapest smartphones to have the Snapdragon 888 processor.
Also on the performance train is the Adreno 660 GPU, 8GB / 12GB RAM options, 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage options and a non-removable 4500mAh Li-Po battery. Enthusiasts will also get a 65W fast charge mechanism.
On the software side, we have Realme UI 2.0 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Realme GT 5G features WiFi 6, low-energy Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, a USB type-c port (2.0), and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts can utilize 5G connectivity for streaming, downloads, and uploads.
Realme GT 5G Price and Availability
Realme GT 5G 8GB / 128GB variant price starts at around $594.72, which translates to about 225,993 Naira in Nigeria, 3,414 GHC in Ghana, and about 65,286 KSH in Kenya. While enthusiats who decide to go for the top-of-the-line 12GB / 256GB variant will have to pay $694.72.
The Realme GT 5G was announced on March 4 2021 and was released for purchase on March 10th 2021.
Realme GT 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Realme GT 5G:
- Platform: Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5nm) (Octa-core1x2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 8GB / 12GB
- Colours: Gold / Black, Blue, Silver
- Dimension: 158.5 x 73.3 x 8.4 mm (Glass) / 9.1 mm (Leather)
- Weight: 186 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.43 inches Super AMOLED, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, ~409 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) + f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.3, 119˚ + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/2.5, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB (UFS 3.1) / 256GB (UFS 3.1)
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 4500mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 65W Capacity (100% in 35 min – Advertised)