The Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro Plus is the bigger version of both the Redmi K40 and Redmi K40 Pro. The smartphone comes with impressive 108 MP cameras.
Apart from that, it has a powerful processor, a bit ruthless 100 million pixel image system, an attractive design, craftsmanship, large battery, and many more.
Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro Plus Key Specs & Features
- 6.67 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi)
- Android 11, MIUI 12
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm)
- 12GB RAM
- 256GB Built-in Storage
- 108 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 20 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (side-mounted)
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- Fast Charging 33W
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Quick Charge 3+
- Non-Removable Li-Po 4520 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Redmi K40 Pro Plus maintains a similar body design to the Redmi K40 Pro device. The phone is wrapped with a glass that gives its entire body protection against dust, splash, and also durability.
The handset has a screen display size of 6.67 inches with the latest Samsung E4 AMOLED display and it boasts of 120Hz refresh rate. The screen offers a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
It also features HDR10+ and 1300 nits (peak) brightness. There are some additional features on the screen that helps deliver the best screen experience ever.
The camera is one of the areas where the phone has an edge over the latter. Instead of the 64 MP on the Redmi K40 Pro, this Plus model comes with a 108 MPHD triple camera suite, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera, and a 50mm equivalent telephoto macro camera.
The primary camera supports 9-in-1 2.1μm large pixels that significantly improve images in low-light conditions. Furthermore, it has dual-native ISO technology that helps the camera to capture an excellent level of detail in dark areas of an image, even when taking in bright areas and at the same time avoid overexposure to brightly lit areas.
The Ultra-wide angle sensor can capture landscapes, buildings, and groups of people. Meanwhile, the telephoto camera is better than the regular macro lenses currently on the market. Upfront is a 20 MP snapper equipped with Face unlock and many other features as well.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro Plus packs a Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 chipset based on 5nm process technology. Its Cortex is the most powerful X1 reaching the main frequency of 2.84GHz with +30% improvement over its predecessor.
The Adreno 660 GPU has the highest clock speed of 840MHz delivering a high-definition video and running large-scale mobile games. The handset has been optimized to speed up large-scale game loading, multi-file reading, and overall performance. The inbuilt storage is 256GB with 12GB RAM.
Battery and Network
Fueling the Redmi K40 Pro Plus is a 4520 mAh with 33W fast charging and Quick Charge 3+. It has a dual SIM with a 5G network. The phone’s Wi-Fi capabilities have been upgraded with Wi-Fi 6E support that increases its bandwidth to 160MHz in 5G frequency channels.
It makes use of 4096-QAM encoding for higher information density and a browsing peak speed of 3.5Gbps. The smartphone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner with an X-linear motor that enables powerful vibrations and quick response.
There is an IR blaster that turns the device into a remote control for household appliances, and NFC support for mobile payment.
Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro Plus Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro Plus will sell at a price of 470 EUR which converts to 220,000 Naira, about 3,400 Ghs in Ghana, and 63,000 Ksh in Kenya. You can buy the phone via a slot or any online retails store in the country.
Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro Plus Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro Plus:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm), Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 12GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White, Aurora
- Dimension: 163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 196 grams
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.67 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 108 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.52″, 0.7µm, PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide) + 5 MP, 50mm (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm Triple Cameras, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240/960fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10+
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 20 MP, (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm, HDR, [email protected], [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, CDMA2000 1x
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
- 5G: Yes, 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Po 4520 mAh, non-removable
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Fast charging 33W, 100% in 52 min (advertised)