The Xiaomi Redmi K40 is the latest smartphone announced by Xiaomi this new year. The phone was launched alongside the Redmi K40 Pro and Redmi K40 Pro Plus. It has a nice and decent-looking body design with generous inbuilt storage.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi K40
In this post, we will be taking a look at the Redmi K40 specifications with details and price.
Xiaomi Redmi K40 Key Specs & Features
- 6.67 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi)
- Android 11, MIUI 12
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- 6GB, 8GB, 12GB RAM
- 128GB, 256GB Built-in Storage
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 20 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (side-mounted)
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- Fast Charging 33W
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Quick Charge 3+
- Non-Removable Li-Po 4520 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi K40 has a nice body that is built to look good and attractive. The panel and the front are equipped with fifth-generation Gorilla Glass which is scratch-resistant and wear-resistant, and it is durable.
The phone is sleek and thin and this is made possible through multiple internal structural adjustments. It has a body thickness of 7.8mm and weighs 196 grams despite the big battery installed on the inside.
The front side comes with a 2.76mm pinhole screen, and the hole is less obstructed especially when gaming. The smartphone offers a display size of 6.67 inches that is equipped with the latest Samsung E4 AMOLED display and boasts a 120Hz refresh rate.
The Redmi K40 uses a new generation of E4 material that determines a higher screen quality. It also produces a higher brightness and better picture quality.
As for the camera setup, the handset has a 48MP main camera. There is an 8 MP ultra-wide-angle lens and a 5 MP telephoto macro sensor. The telephoto camera helps you to shoot a super close distance of 3-7 cm, and insects can be transformed into giant beasts, and water droplets can also be vast.
There is a four-in-one 1.6μm fusion of large pixels and a super night scene algorithm that allows users to shoot in a low-light environment. So whether you are taking photos or videos in a dark environment, the pictures can brighten while retaining more details.
The front camera is 20 MP and it comes with super-real facial three-dimensional adjustment and Faces Unlock.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Redmi K40 is powered by a brand-new flagship-level processor, Snapdragon 870 chipset and this is the first K-series smartphone with a Snapdragon 8-series SOC. The 8-core chip offers a 7nm processing technology and boasts a 3.2GHz maximum frequency for outstanding performance.
The handset is further equipped with Adreno 650 GPU graphics processor and runs on Android 11 OS with MIUI 12 on top. It has an inbuilt memory of up to 256GB LPDDR5 storage and 12GB UFS 3.1 RAM. Users will enjoy a smooth gaming experience and multitask without any issues.
Battery and Network
There is a non-removable battery of 4520mAh with a 33W fast charging technology that promises to charge the phone to 100%* in 52 minutes.
The smartphone features a generation of WiFi protocol coupled with a multi-network parallel connection that supports WiFi, 5G, 4G multi-network to automatically switch with ultra-low latency.
Other features on the phone include a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, a -sports-level touch sampling rate, optimized for FPS first-person shooters, and Dolby Atmos for high and immersive sound quality.
Xiaomi Redmi K40 Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi K40 will sell at a price of $469.99 which is about 180,000 Naira in Nigeria, around 53,000 Ksh in Kenya, and 2,800 Ghs in Ghana.
Xiaomi Redmi K40 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi K40:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm), Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 6GB, 8GB, 12GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White, Aurora
- Dimension: 163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 196 grams
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.67 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide) + 5 MP, 50mm (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm Triple Cameras, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120/240/960fps, gyro-EIS
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 20 MP Camera, (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm, HDR, [email protected], [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, CDMA2000 1x
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
- 5G: Yes, 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Po 4520 mAh, non-removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Fast charging 33W, 100% in 52 min (advertised)