The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s succeeds the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s. As a successor, it brings to the table a richer display, faster charging speed, a different design and more. It is a summary of Xiaomi’s provisions for a successor to the Note 9s. This article bothers on its specs and price, to help you make your purchase decision.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S Key Specs and Features
- 6.43 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, (~409 PPI)
- Android 11, MIUI 12
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio G95 (12nm) Processor
- 6GB / 128GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, also supports Micro-SD
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 13MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-Mounted)
- 5000mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s design is basically the same as seen on the other members of the Note series except for the Note 10 5G. This goes to say we have a design different from what we have got on the Note 9s.
Colour options on this device includes Ocean Blue, Onyx Gray and Pebble White.
Browsing through the chassis design, we find conspicuous camera module bearing four cameras and an LED flash. Also on the rear is the Redmi branding, which sort of indicates it’s a Xiaomi smartphone. All resting on a gradient design.
Moving upfront on this smartphone, you we find a 6.43 inches AMOLED display bearing a pinch hole camera in the too middle section. This display has a resolution of 1080 X 2400 pixels, a density of 409 PPI.
Xiaomi also generously featured protection for dust and water under an IP53 rating. It isn’t as secured as the IP68 rating seen on flagship devices like the Samsung Galaxy S21, however, its a welcome development in this price range.
The camera hardware on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s falls in-between the the pro and the standard Note 10.
On the rear we have a set of four cameras that includes a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8 instead of the 48MP primary camera on the Note 9s, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 118 degree field of view.
The other members of the rear camera department includes a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4. This camera is capable of recording videos up to 4k @ 30fps.
Moving upfront, we have a single 13MP front camera with an with an aperture of f/2.5. This camera is capable of recording videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance hardware side, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s makes do with a MediaTek Helio G95 processor with a 12nm process, as opposed to the Snapdragon 720G processor on the Redmi Note 9s.
The other performance facilitators includes a Mali-G76 MC4 GPU, 6GB / 8GB RAM options, 64GB / 128GB storage options and a non-removable 5000mAh battery. We also have 33W fast charging.
On the software side, we have the MIUI 12 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, dual-band WiFi Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
Internet connectivity on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s is capped at 4G LTE, this means you won’t have the luxury of 5G internet speed. Download and uploads are limited to 4G speed.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S Price and Availability
The Price of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s starts at $229 for the 6GB / 64GB variant , which translates to about 93,890 Naira in Nigeria, 25,087 KSH in Kenya, 1,306 GHC in Ghana.
Enthusiasts who desire the 6GB / 128GB variant will have to pay $249, will the top of the line 8GB / 128GB variant costs $279.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s was announced on March 4th 2021 and is expected to go on sale in April 2021.
Xiaomi Redmi 10s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi 10s:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm) (Octa-Core 2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB RAM
- Colours: Ocean Blue, Onyx Gray, Pebble White
- Dimension: 160.5 x 74.5 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 178.8 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.43 inches AMOLED display, 1080 x 2400 (~409 PPI), ~83.5% screen-to-body ratio, 20:9 Aspect Ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 118˚ + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama, PDAF, [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 13 MP Camera, f/2.5, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Fast Charging Capacity