The release of the Doogee S86, as a successor to the Doogee S80, once again re-affirms Doogee’s capability in the Rugged smartphone space. Doogee is once again offering enthusiasts top-notch smartphone hardware wrapped in a tough chassis, designed to survive tough conditions. It is a bit more affordable than the Doogee S86 Pro.
Where to Buy Doogee S86
Doogee S86 Key Specs & Features
- 6.1-inch LCD Display, 720 x 1560 Pixels (282 PPI)
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P60
- 6GB RAM
- Android 10 (Stock Android UI)
- 128GB Built-in Storage, SD-Card Support
- 16MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- 24W Fast Charging
- Non-Removable 8,500 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Doogee S86 may bear a chassis design different from its predecessor and also series siblings, however, there is denial that there seems to be a theme being followed. This theme makes it possible to know it’s yet another rugged smartphone.
Scrutinizing its chassis design, we have a design theme that sort of screams its identity as a rugged smartphone, as there are pretty much no fragile-looking spots here, instead we have grippy points.
On the rear, we have a camera module housing four cameras and an LED flash. Far Beneath the camera module, is the Doogee branding, which pretty much indicates its a Doogee smartphone.
moving upfront, we have a 6.1-inch LCD with a drop notch, as the slightly smaller 5.99-inch display on its predecessor. However, we have got a lower resolution at 720 x 1560 Pixels, as opposed to 1080 x 2160 on the S80. This display also has a density of 282 PPI.
Much like the other rugged smartphones, the Doogee S86 bears gorilla glass on its display, which is a protective measure, that reduces drop impact. We also have reinforced edges to help reduce shock impacts from drops.
Still, on protective measures, we have the IP68 and IP69k rating for water and dust resistance, alongside the MIL-STD-810G rating, which is a military rating that shows this device can survive tough terrain.
Looking at the cameras on the Doogee S86, we discover Doogee did makes a move at improving the camera hardware on the S80.
Beginning with the rear camera setup, we have a triple camera, as opposed to dual cameras on its predecessor.
The rear cameras include a 16MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.0, an 8MP ultrawide camera with and an aperture of f/2.2, and a 130° field of view. Lastly, we have a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.2.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, the MediaTek Helio P60 processor replaces the Helio P23 processor on the S80, which means we should be expecting improved performance on the Doogee S86.
Also on board, is the ARM Mali-G72, 6GB RAM, 128GB built-in storage (UFS 2.1), and a non-removable 8500mAh battery.
On the software side, we have got stock Android user interface running on the Android 10 operating system.
2 new from $269.99
as of 18th June 2021 11:16 am
as of 18th June 2021 11:16 am
The Doogee S86 features a USB Type-c port, a 3.5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC support, and WiFi.
Internet connectivity on this device is capped at 4G, which means enthusiasts won’t be able to utilize 5G connectivity.
Doogee S86 Price and Availability
The price of the Doogee S86 is around $260, which translates to about 107,120 Naira in Nigeria, 28,028 KSH in Kenya, and 1,505 GHC in Ghana.
It is currently available for purchase from leading online retail stores like Ali Express.
Doogee S86 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Dooge S86:
- Platform: Stock Android 10.0
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 (4xCortex-A53 up to 2.0GHz 4xCortex-A73 up to 2.0GHz)
- GPU: ARM Mali-G72 Up to 800MHz
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Fire Orange, Flame Red, Mineral Black
- Dimension: 164.6 mm x 81.2 mm x 16.8 mm
- Weight: 323g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.1-inch LCD, 720 x 1560 Pixels, 16.7 Million Colors, 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio, 282 PPI
- Screen Protection: Gorilla Glass
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16MP (Primary) f/2.0 + 8MP (Wide-Angle) f/2.2, 130° FOV, Samsung® S5K4H5 sensor chip + 2MP (Macro) f/2.2
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED Flash
- Front Camera: 8MP f/2.2, 90° FOV
- Built-in Storage: 128GB (UFS 2.1)
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: B2/3/5/8
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/19/20/25/26/28A/28B/66
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: 2.4G（802.11a/b/g/n)/5G
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes (Version 5.0)
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS, Galileo, Beidou
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes (Googe Pay)
- Water Resistant: Yes (IP68)
- Dust Resistant: Yes (IP69k)
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 8500mAh
- Talktime: 39 Hours
- Standby Time: 27 Days
- Fast Charging: 24W Capacity