The ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6R does away with the gamer design cues seen on the regular Nubia Red Magic 6, leaving us with a gaming-capable smartphone hardware packed in a chassis with a design that blends into the regular smartphone scheme. This article bothers on the specs and price of the Nubia Magic 6R which helps outline the discrepancies.
Where to Buy ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6R
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6R Key Specs & Features
- 6.67 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels (~395 PPI)
- Android 11, Redmagic 4.0
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm)
- 6GB / 8GB / 12GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (under display, optical)
- Pressure sensitive zones (400Hz touch-sensing)
- 5G Network
- Fast Charging 55W (China) – 30W (Global)
- Non-Removable 4200 mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
One of the things that immediately reveals the identity of gaming smartphones, is their design. The ZTE Nubia Magic 6 followed in this line, bearing a design with gaming accents. Which was mostly prevalent on the rear.
The ZTE Nubia Red magic 6R tunes down the gaming accents, leaving us with a chassis design that passes as being regular, you could whip out this smartphone in public, without having to deal with a ton of questions.
On the rear of this device, we have a dual-tone / gradient scheme. On the lighter part of the tone, you will find a square camera module bearing four cameras and an LED flash. Also on the rear, is the Red Magic branding, as well as its emblem.
Moving up front, we find a 6.67 inch AMOLED display, which is slightly smaller than the 6.8-inch display on the Regular Magic 6. What’s more, we have a near bezeless display, with the absence of a bezel on the top as seen on the former. All we have here is a punch-hole camera in the top middle position and a little bezel on the bottom chin.
The Magic 6R may not feature gaming accents on the chassis design, but it does retain the pressure-sensitive zones with 400Hz touch-sensing, which helps improve the gaming smartphone experience.
Enthusiasts who desire to purchase this Android smartphone will have three colour options that include Dark Blue, Silver, and Light Blue.
The Cameras on the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6R are an improvement of the regular Magic 6, as it offers enthusiasts more options for photography and video recording, which is thanks to more cameras and more pixels.
On the rear, we have a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, a 5MP macro camera, a 2MP depth camera, and an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.0 and an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.0 and a 120˚ field of views. Video record on this system is capped at 4k @ 60fps.
Moving up front, we have a single 16MP camera with an aperture of f/1.8, the video record on this camera is capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance drivers on the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6R, we have set up that falls in the same category as the Regular Red Magic 6R.
Here we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor and an Adreno 660 GPU. The chief of the performance drivers may be in the same category as the regular, however, the other facilitators have some discrepancies.
Here we have the 6GB RAM option, which isn’t on the regular magic 6. The other RAM options available here include 8GB and 12GB. For storage, we have 128GB and 256GB.
The battery on this smartphone has a capacity of 4200mAh, as opposed to 5050mAh on its regular sibling. The fast charge mechanism dropped from 66W on its siblings to being 55W on the Chinese variant and 30W on the Global variant.
On the software side, we have the Red Magic 4.0 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6R features low-energy Bluetooth 5.2, WiFi, Hotspot, NFC (Region dependent), and a USB 3.0 Type-C port.
Internet connectivity on this device is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts can utilize 5G connectivity for downloads, uploads, and streaming, provided they are in an area with 5G reception.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6R Price and Availability
The ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6R starts at around $487, which translates to about 200,060 Naira in Nigeria, 52,543 KSH in Kenya, and 2,835 GHC in Ghana.
The ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6R was announced on May 27th, 2021 and released for purchase on June 2nd, 2021.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6R Specs
Here are a few specs of the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6R :
- Platform: Android 11, Redmagic 4.0
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm) (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB / 12GB
- Colours: Dark Blue, Silver, Light Blue
- Dimension: 163 x 75.3 x 0 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.67 – inch AMOLED, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~87.5% screen-to-body ratio, ~395 PPI, 144Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.8, PDAF + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.0, 120˚ FOV + 5 MP (Macro) + 2MP (Depth)
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps
- Front Camera: 16MP Camera, f/1.8, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB (UFS 3.1) / 256GB (UFS 3.1)
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1x
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 4, 12, 17, 20, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 28, 41, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Version 5.2, A2DP, aptX, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 3.0, USB On-The-Go; accessory connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4200mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 55W – China, 30W – Global
The post ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6R Specs, Price and Best Deals appeared first on Nigeria Technology Guide.